If you are like me, and appreciate cold & sweet substances during the summer heat, I recommend making your own iced tea.
The way I like my ice-tea is without too much bitterness, but with some character (f. ex. added taste of lemon or herbs). That way it is not just cold green tea that somebody put in the fridge.
The recipe that I used, looks like this:
Experiment with it until you get the taste you are most satisfied with.
1L of water
200g of sugar
4-5 bags of your favorite tea.
juice from approximately 3 lemons
1. Get your water to boiling temp.
2. Add sugar and dissolve in water
3. Add teabag(s)
4. After some minutes, remove teabag(s) and add lemon juice.
5. Chill & add water to taste.
I got inspiration from this site.
Ever since i got myself an Aeropress for making coffee, I have tried different ways of brewing the best coffee. Small variance make a rather big impact on the result you get, when using the Aeropress. For a long time, I had to “water out” the coffee after pressing it. More often then not, I got a too strong coffee for my taste.
After revisiting Tim Wendelboe’s website, I found that his recommendation on 14gram coffee & 200 gram hot water does the trick for me, at least. Consistent result, and no need to water it out afterwards.
By the way: check out his webshop as well.
Heres his step-by-step-guide:
Basic Aeropress recipe for a filter like coffee:
- Rinse the paper filter with running tap water for 10 seconds
- Use 14 grams of freshly fine filter ground coffee (light roast)
- Pour 200g of water at about 95°C over the coffee.
- Stir 3 times and steep for 60 seconds.
- Place the handle on the Aeropress in order to prevent the water from draining through the filter.
- After 60 second steep time, take the handle off, stir 3 times back to front.
- Then place the handle on top of the aeropress and press the contents into a large cup or pitcher by using your body weight
Ok, so I’ll try to do this in english, and see how it goes.
This summer, I’ve used some time experimenting with lemons and fruits, and how to make a really tasty drink for the warm summer days. This is what i found:
My Lemonade recipe:
- 5-7 decent size lemons (not the teeny-tiny ones)
- 3 dl sugar
- 1,5 litre water
- (500gram strawberries/raspberries)
Put water to boil, and pour in sugar. It needs to dissolve in the water to make a “sirup”.
While the water is on the stove, grate the yellow lemon zest off the lemons (makes a nice taste, adds color & smell).
Put the water off stove & add lemon zest. Stir & smell the good stuff!
After the water has cooled down, add lemon juice. Stir some more.
You may also want to add strawberries from the mixer into the bowl. It gives a nice color and taste! My favorite!
Strain off the seeds and lemon zest.
I use to water it out, so it makes for 2-3 litres of lemonade.
Serve with crushed ice!
Leave a comment for feedback or if you tried the recipe.